At EngineeringSelection.com, the focus is upon offering a valuable platform for budding engineers as well as established ones seeking better employment opportunities. With immense efforts and research, we have built a portfolio where you can get in touch with reliable companies offering internship/employment for engineers. In this regard, there are a few tips that engineers must take notice of in order to build solid careers.
- Value Networking: For engineers networking is very important to ensure successful career. Start building your network right from college days; try to attend lectures given by visiting lecturers from the industry and never miss an opportunity of introducing yourself to them. Also, try to attend local professional meet-ups in your chosen field of engineering to expand knowledge and network.
- Mentoring: You can achieve a lot of success if you have a good mentor. A mentor’s job is to guide you with the best possible advice while you make crucial career decisions like learning a new skill or sending out resume to a specific company. It is even more helpful if the mentor is working in the industry.
- Create Projects Portfolio: It is very important to build a portfolio of all the projects you have done so far both within and outside college requirements. List them on your resume as well as on your online professional networking profile, which is generally made on LinkedIn. Experience definitely count in this field of work and employers feel that it is a safe bet to hire an experienced engineer instead of a fresher.
- LinkedIn Profile: You must create a profile on LinkedIn and regularly update it because it serves as your online resume. Employers search for engineers all the time and LinkedIn is their first priority in this regard. You would be surprised when you will receive immediate response from recruiters and companies as soon as you post your profile.
- Improving Communication Skills: Engineers with commendable communication skills go places in their careers. Employers are keen on hiring engineers with good communication skills as these not just help in excelling in the interviews but also get you noticed immediately. When on job, you will be able to give better presentations and attend meetings a lot more confidently only through excellent communication skills.
- Pick Career Field At the Right Time: In any field of work let alone engineering, it is the first rule of the thumb to clear your mind and decide about the sub field that you intend to pursue. Therefore, for engineers it should be a priority to select the most suitable and desirable sub-field. This selection should be based upon your favorite subject and the scope of the field in the professional environment.